The Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown VR Demo was a short mission created for promotional purposes at events such as PlayStation Experience. Its purpose was to showcase the use of PlayStation VR in Ace Combat 7.
Since the mission was designed for demo purposes only, it did not feature a briefing, debriefing, or clear rank.
Players assume the role of Echo 2 in an F/A-18F Super Hornet and must launch from an aircraft carrier. Following the launch, a flight of two Su-30M2s will approach and the player must shoot them down. They are relatively easy and do not put up a fight.
Afterward, a flight of three Su-30M2s will enter the dogfight, pulling away from the combat zone with more advanced maneuvers. The player must shoot all of them down as well.
If all Su-30M2s are shot down in enough time, a flight of four highly advanced MQ-101s will approach. The player must shoot all of them down to complete the mission.
- This is the first playable Ace Combat mission to feature VR.
- This is also the first playable Ace Combat mission to feature the new clouds mechanic. Both enemies and allies will disappear from radar if they enter clouds, and reappear once they leave them.
- The mission's Airborne Warning and Control System is AWACS Sky-Keeper, who mentions that the player is fighting for the International Union Peacekeeping Force to take back control of Fort Grays Island. Whether all of these details will be in the final game is yet to be determined.
- ↑ Ace Combat 7 à l'assaut de la réalité virtuelle - PlayStation Experience. jeuxvideo.com. Published on December 6, 2016. Retrieved on December 19, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 File:Ace Combat 7 - Looks Awesome in Five Minutes of Gameplay on PlayStation VR’s.