VR Mode (VRモード) is a collection of gameplay modes in the upcoming Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown that support virtual reality headsets. It includes a set of three exclusive missions, an airshow mode, Free Flight, and the hangar. The player assumes the role of Mobius 1 while in VR Mode.
VR Mode will be available on the PlayStation 4 version of Ace Combat 7 upon release in January 2019. It will remain exclusive to PlayStation for one year until January 18, 2020. The player can use any controls compatible with the main game for VR Mode, including flight sticks.
VR Mode only supports a small number of aircraft since each one is completely rebuilt specifically for virtual reality. These aircraft feature high-quality model textures and fully-working cockpits. Before each mission, the player selects and views their aircraft in a hangar modeled after the Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies hangar. Each aircraft also comes with the same three special weapons available in the non-VR gameplay modes.
The full list of aircraft available in VR Mode is as follows:
- ↑ https://www.dualshockers.com/ace-combat-7-interview-producer-kazutoki-kono/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 https://ace7.acecombat.jp/vr/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://www.famitsu.com/news/201809/13163890.html
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/9z97w1/did_anyone_else_pay_attention_to_this_regarding/
- ↑ https://venturebeat.com/2018/11/24/ace-combat-7-soars-in-vr-with-this-flight-stick/