The XFA-24A was a prototype multirole aircraft created in the 2010s in the post-Circum-Pacific War period by an unknown manufacturer. It was designed primarily as a multirole fighter capable of operation in all fronts, having been conceived under a philosophy of "not choosing the battlefield." Vaguely similar to a Rafale aircraft, it has a large fuel storage and weapons capacity on account of its double delta configuration.
Owing to its manufacturing creed, it was designed to use conventional parts and components to remain active in the face of supply shortages, and does not exceed in any particular aspect of performance to maintain affordability. Its optimal operation is enhanced by the use of canards and 3D thrust vectoring without sacrificing its combat capabilities. A particular software upgrade, the "Earth Shaker" system, enhanced its ground attack ability by digitally analyzing ground terrain.
A number of Apalis airframes were in possession of the Aurelian Air Force by the start of the Aurelian War in 2020. Such aircraft were employed by Falco One and Gryphus One during the counteroffensive to reclaim the country. Gryphus One in particular used the aircraft to destroy the Gleipnir airship over Santa Elva.
Joint Assault universe
- "A respectable aircraft in all areas, the Apalis boasts unrivaled expandability."
- ― Hangar description
How to Unlock
- Speed: 60
- Air To Air: 27
- Air To Ground: 18
- Mobility: 54
- Stability: 45
- Defense: 48
- Aurelia: Light blue body with white front.
- Leasath: Air Superiority Gray body.
- Special 1: Gray body with white trims.
- Special 2: Black airframe with orange wing stripes.
- Engine: Turbo Engine, Light Engine, Adv. Turbo Engine, Minotaur Engine, Bullet Engine, RAMJet Engine, Mercury Engine, C-Cycle Engine, Hayabusa Engine
- Wings: Adv Trimtab, Extra Airbrake, Extra Ladder, Air Gripper, Extra Elron, Extra Canard, Thornback Fin, Adv Balance Tab, Adv. Anti-Balance Tab
- Armor: Scale Armor, CFRP Conversion, Ceramic Armor, Nera Armor, Titanium Armor, Light Armor, Adv. Titanium Armor, TiAl Armor, Composite Armor,
- Weapons: Destructive Missile, Kinetic Energy Penetration Shell, Long Range Gun, Extra Hardpoint. Enhanced Special Homing Missile, Destructive Bomb, High-Speed Ammunition
- Cockpit: Emergency Autopilot System, Raven, Terra Hammer, Automatic Machine Gun Fire Device, AAM Jammer, Fenrir ECMS, Earth Shaker (aircraft exclusive), Sniper OS, Salamander
- Available at start of game in all versions.
"A respectable aircraft in all areas, the "Apalis" boasts unrivaled expandability."
- Complete "Dragon Lair" in a second playthrough. Costs $140,000.
- Speed: Average
- Air-to-Air: Average
- Air-to-Ground: Average
- Mobility: Excellent
- Stability: Excellent
- Defense: Low
- STDM x144
- HACM x96
- LGWM x192
- HVWM x48
- Unguided Bomb x29
- XAGM x28
- XMAA x36
- ODMM x28
- C01: Light blue body with white front.
- C02: Desert camouflage.
- C03: Air superiority gray.
- C04: Dark gray body with orange tail and wing tips.
- C05: Black body with orange stripe running down the midsection from nose to tail boom.
- C06: Dual color body split in blue and red halves. Modeled after the Japanese tokusatsu superhero Kikaider.
- The name of the Apalis is derived from a genus of passerine birds known for having small yet slender beaks and long tails, which are useful for swooping and catching insects in mid-flight.