Before the two planes take off, capture both of them in one shot. Got it?
This article or section may require more images or images of better quality.
We've still got some work for you, too, so don't slack off now.
This article or section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
How to Unlock
- Power: 80
- Defense: 50
- Mobility: 70
- Stability: 100
- Climbing Ability: 90
- Air-to-Air: 80
- Air-to-Ground: 80
- In Air Combat and Ace Combat 2 the plane is called the F-22, even though the plane is actually the YF-22.
- Before the release of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, there were some issues regarding the Lightning II's appearance following the release of Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, in which the fully-developed F-22A Raptor was used instead. This is strange seeing that the Raptor was used in the Belkan War while the Lightning II was used during the Usean Continental War in the Ace Combat 2 continuity.
- The 'F-22' designation was likely meant to refer to the production variant, which was first shown in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. With the release of Assault Horizon Legacy, the Lightning II's appearance in Ace Combat 2 is considered non-canonical.
- One of the F-22A Raptor's alternate paint schemes in some games are based on the YF-22.
- In Ace Combat 2, there is a texture glitch associated with the Enemy Type A YF-22; The jet nozzles on the craft are transparent, allowing one to see through it. None of the other textures have this issue. This is most easily seen in the Model Viewer.